Train in Rio for Free! Become a Connection Rio Sponsored Athlete
Training Brazilian jiu-jitsu in Rio de Janeiro is a dream for many, and Connection Rio have been helping people make that dream come true for many years. Now, we wish to offer something really special.
We will hook one lucky person up with a sponsorship deal so that they can live and train jiu-jitsu in Rio – for free!
What are we going to offer? Connection Rio will provide FREE accommodation and UNLIMITED training at Gordo Jiu-Jitsu, considered one of the best academies in Rio.
As passionate fans of the sport and art of jiu-jitsu, we wish to help people live their dreams and succeed in their goals. We want to give someone the chance to use this experience to develop as an athlete, as a competitor, and as a person.
The sponsorship will run for up to three months, with the possibility of extension. Accommodation will be provided at the Connection Rio jiu-jitsu hostel in Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, which is situated only 60 seconds walk from the gym.
Who We Are Looking For
You don’t have to be a multiple-time gold medallist or the next world champ: Active competitors are preferred, but personality and attitude is more important to us than straight-up ability.
You will be passionate about jiu-jitsu and committed to not only developing your skills and status as an grappler, but also in helping spread the message of jiu-jitsu to the world.
The position is open to blue, purple or brown belts over the age of 18. It doesn’t matter what country or team you’re from – all that is required is you must be eligible for a visa to stay in Brazil.
What We Expect From You
You will become an ambassador for Connection Rio and will represent us in a positive and responsible manner on social media, scheduled group outings and at select events. You will be featured in regular video blogs, photoshoots and even have the opportunity to write for various websites and magazines.
As part of the Connection Rio team you will be expected to help out guests and assist in the smooth running of the houses. Your list of duties will be short and will not interfere with your training. More importantly, you will help create and contribute to a positive atmosphere.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit three items to be considered for sponsorship:
• A YouTube video (no longer than two minutes): Introduce yourself and explain why you’re the right person for this sponsorship. You can even include competition and training footage as well, but it must not be longer than half of the video. You must title and tag the video as set out in the application pack.
• Three recent jiu-jitsu photos of you: competing (if applicable), training, and posing in a kimono.
• Your jiu-jitsu resume: age, time training, belt, team, competition history.
To download the application form CLICK HERE.
Send your application to email@example.com.
When you submit your application, please make sure to include what date you would be available to begin.
Terms & Conditions
• You must be over 18 years of age and be able to travel to and stay in Brazil.
• The sponsorship will run from between one to three months, depending on the availability of the selected athlete.
• Connection Rio will provide the sponsored athlete with accommodation and training, two kimonos and assorted Connection Rio apparel.
• Travel and living expenses are your own responsibility.
• Athletes will be required to sign a Code of Conduct which will outline acceptable behaviour.
Click this icon for an Application Pack
Click here for an Application Form